Why volunteer with us?
- Learn new skills
- Use your skills and talents to make life just a little bit easier, a little bit more enjoyable, or just a little bit better for someone else
- Make new friends
- Try a new area of work
- Have fun and give something back to your community
- Read our recent article: ten reasons why you should volunteer
But most importantly, your contribution will go towards helping us provide excellent care using state of the art equipment in modern ‘fit for purpose’ facilities, supporting people to achieve their goals, campaigning for the rights of disabled people and changing the lives of thousands in the UK and abroad.
How to apply
We accept volunteer applications from all applicants aged 16 and over.
To apply, please:
- See below for a list of some of current volunteering opportunities
- Please complete our volunteering application form and an equal opportunities form and return to the Volunteering Coordinator (details above). If you want to volunteer at an event, you’ll need to fill out the shorter occasional volunteer form.
To send us your application form – or for any other volunteering enquiries – please contact the Volunteering Coordinator:
Phone: 020 7452 2082
Post: Volunteering Coordinator, Livability, 6 Mitre Passage, London, SE10 0ER
We will only need to apply for you to have a DBS check if you will be volunteering in a ‘regulated activity’ as detailed on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) website.