With good support, innovative care and positive community connections, people’s health and life outcomes do much better. If – like us – you are passionate about supporting people in your community, join us today.
Here are a few of the reasons people have told us they volunteer with Team Livability….
- To meet new people
- To be able to share skills and strengths (or learn new ones)
- So they can make a meaningful difference in their local community
- To tackle social isolation
- It’s a great way to build confidence and enhance your CV
- To have fun!
In the past 12 months, our volunteers:
- Sent messages of kindness and support to people we support, during the coronavirus pandemic
- Organised virtual music gigs for our care homes during the recent lockdown
- Made much-needed facemasks and scrubs to help protect our staff and the people we support
- Escorted people with disabilities on trips and excursions
- Talked at a school or Rotary Club about the work of Livability
- Cheered on #TeamLivability members at events
- Visited people who use our services for a chat and a cup of tea
- Supported teams in our national office, for example, with funding research
- Stewarded at our Christmas carol services