When you join Livability, you will have access to our wellbeing, mindfulness and happiness resources. This includes access to The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
The EAP provides staff with access to free and confidential support on a range of work-related and personal areas. Provided by Care First, the EAP can support with: anxiety and depression, work-life balance, health and wellbeing, stress, family issues, workplace pressure, disability and illness, debt, bereavement and loss.
The service also advises on the following: relationships, childcare information, careers, elder care information, immigration, and education and consumer rights. This service is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
EAP membership includes:
- Access to trained mindfulness coaches
- Free confidential counselling/legal services
- A free wellbeing app
- A guide to looking after your personal wellbeing
We are a mindful employer
We recognise the importance of mental wellbeing and have signed up to the Mindful Employer initiative to support mental wellbeing at work. As an employer, we aim to show a positive and enabling attitude to job applicants and to you in the following ways:
- Show a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants with mental health issues. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
- Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health issues and The Equality Act 2010 and given appropriate interview skills.
- Make it clear in any recruitment or occupational health checks that people who have experienced mental health issues will not be discriminated against. At Livability, disclosure of a mental health issue will enable both employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
- Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health issue will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
- Provide non-judgmental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental health issues.
- Ensure that all line managers have information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.